Full Gold Crown, Inlays and Onlays
Our Full Gold Crowns are crafted out of high-quality gold alloy. They offer ideal fit, function, and longevity. These full cast restorations are easy to use, biocompatible, and gentle on opposing dentition. This product has been a longstanding popular option due to their clinical success. When taken proper care of, these restorations can last your patient a lifetime.
Full-cast gold crowns are indicated for crowns, veneers, inlays, onlays, and bridges.
Full-cast gold crowns are contraindicated for partials and implants.
Inlays and onlays can also be fabricated as a full-cast restoration. Feather-edge margin preparations are indicated for full-cast restorations, but any margin preparation may be used.
- Panavia 21 (Must be tin plated if precious metal is used)
- Glass ionomer cement (GC Fuji, GC America)
- Zinc Phosphate Polycarboxylate Resin Ionomer cement (RelyX, 3M ESPE)
- All castings are made with a metal alloy, be it non-precious, semi-precious or precious metals. Alloys are classified by their content.
- Base – contents include non-precious, Chrome Cobalt or Titanium
- Noble – consists of 25 percent precious alloy
- High Noble – consists of 60 percent precious metal with at least 40 percent being gold
- Alloy type refers to the hardness and/or softness of the material.
- Type I – Extra soft
- Type II – Soft
- Type III– Hard
- Type IV – Extra Hard (Rigid)
- Non-Precious, Noble 20, White High Noble – Type IV – Very hard and rigid. These crowns are more difficult to adjust and re-polish than alloys with a high gold content.
- Full Cast 40 – Type III – Yellow high noble alloy. Brand name currently used is Argenco 40 HN.
- Full Cast 52 HN – Type III – Yellow high noble alloy. Brand name currently used is Argenco 52.
- Full Cast 75- Type III – Yellow high noble and is an upgrade from full cast 52. The gold is slightly more yellow in color. Brand name currently used Argenco 75.
ADA Insurance Codes
- D2790 Crown Full-Cast High Noble Metal
- D2791 Crown Full-Cast Predominantly Base Metal
- D2792 Crown Full-Cast Noble Metal